What do I need to sign documents electronically?
Once you have obtained your digital certificate the other requirements will depend on the validation and digital signature platform used
In order to sign electronically you need a digital certificate issued by a Trust Service Provider (EU) or Certification Authority (Latin America). The certificate can be issued in hardware or physical media (SmartCards such as the Spanish electronic ID card) or software format (the certificate in a file, normally with .p12 o .pfx file extension).
What are the advantages of the e-signature over the handwritten signature?
- Greater security and integrity of the documents. The content of the signed electronic document cannot be altered, ensuring document authentication and signatory identity.
- Ensures confidentiality. This is achieved by using public and private keys associated to the digital certificate.
- Paperless. Reducing space covered by your documents in your workplace and saving costs in document management.
- Reduction on process execution time. Avoiding queues and reducing manual processes.
- Avoiding movements.
- Increasing company productivity and efficiency.
- In this context, Viafirma firmly believes in “the universal signature”. In other words, the possibility of signing with any web browser, operating system or device
E-signature legal framework
Viafirma solutions comply with the European Union, USA, Latin America and Canada legal requirements. If you want to know more details, click here for further information.