More and more companies and institutions are aware of the need to implement authentication and signature solutions in the digital environment. This is due to the guarantees they provide, their usability and the rigor of their processes, ensuring the legality of any process.
And this is the case of the Dominican Republic Securities Superintendence (SIV) and Alpha Sociedad de Valores SA
To implement these authentication and digital signature solutions, you need to have one that fits the needs and is supported by a trusted entity. And we are delighted that more and more institutions are aware of the need to implement it and see the benefits once the digital transformation is done.
In the case of the Dominican Republic Security Superintendence and Alpha Sociedad de Valores S A, they have deposited their trust in viafirma for the development of these solutions that contribute to the development of their digitization strategy. This, coupled with the case of other Dominican financial operators, such as Mercofact, are making the “viafirma fortress” solution positioning itself as the best alternative for digital signing with certificates, due to its usability and security.
Below we detail each one of the projects:
Dominican Republic Securities Superintendency (SIV)
In the case of SIV, they have decided to opt for our solution for electronic signatures- viafirma inbox combined with fortress to provide maximum security any transaction or management carried out through the platform.
On the other hand, a native App has been developed available for iOS y Android. As always, Viafirma is committed to the development of its applications in its native systems. As they are designed directly for the software of each platform:
- Its performance is optimized.
- The user experience improves when the user experience is in a known environment.
- The guarantee that suppose the access to them through the markets of each system.
Alpha Sociedad de Valores, was interested in digitizing the processes of signing contracts and communications with its clients, as well as being constituted as RA – Registration Authority. As in the case of the SIV, it has opted for a solution that combines viafirma inbox with fortress to give that extra degree of security so necessary in the transactions of the Security National Council.
The necessary technical and legal requirements have been fulfilled so that Alpha Sociedad de Valores can be a Registration Authority and issue certificates for its clients, dependent on the Certification Authority – Avansi, our subsidiary in the Dominican Republic.
The Registration Authority is defined as an entity responsible for identify unequivocally identifying the person – physical or legal – who requests a certificate. Subsequently, these data are sent to the Certification Authority. The advantages as a company that suppose to be Registration Authority are very broad, since it allows the company to register its clients without needing a third party. Simplifying the process and increasing control over customer management.
As in the case of the SIV, a native App has also been developed available in the markets for iOS and Android, in order to facilitate mobility to its customers and employees
But what are the benefits of implementing authentication and digital signature solutions?
We tell you about viafirma fortress solution. This solution of our suite is responsible for guarding centralized keys and signatures with robust authentication.
In other words, it allows you to sign with digital certificate from any device without having that certificate in the device with which you want to make the signature. This is known as a centralized signature or cloud signature.
One of the characteristics is that it is accessed through robust identification, which requires at least two identification procedures:
- Something that “knows the user” (eg, a password)
- Something that “the user has” (eg a key card, token received via SMS on your mobile, or OTP token generated in your mobile app registered in your name)
- Something that “makes or is the user” (signature, locution, fingerprint, iris and other biometric factors).
In this way, the certificate is never physically in the hands of the owner, but the owner accesses it when required. Strong authentication, without the need to install any certificates, or software, in the device from which the process is performed.
In addition to the high degree of security and the guarantees offered, many entities and companies choose to integrate viafirma fortress with other mobility and signature solutions for the added value they bring to their customers.
Therefore, the benefits obtained by companies and institutions can be grouped in the following points:
- It is universal. That is, it can be used from any device (mobile, tablet, etc.) and any operating system (iOS, Android, Windows). In addition, it can be done from any place and country. The only requirement is internet access.
- It is very intuitive. It is accessible to everybody.
- Presents lower CTO. It saves time, costs and resources needed for other signing procedures. On the other hand, the absence of paper represents an advance in environmental matters.
- Greater security. The certificate is accessed through robust double factor authentication, where only the owner of the certificate can access it and sign with it.
- It is independent. Whatever technology you use. Compatibility with your company’s e-Business solutions and easy integration.
The signature of any document or authentication becomes easy, convenient and fast. In viafirma, the “signature fortress” is available throughout its suite, but it also the integration with any e-Business application by our customers is also possible.