Nowadays we can carry out more procedures electronically without going to the office. However, many require the signature of certain documents, therefore we must know how to electronically sign PDF documents using digital tools from our device
This article explains the steps to electronically sign PDF documents and how Viafirma can help you strengthen the security of these processes.
Steps to electronically sign PDF documents with Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is one of the most popular software for opening and editing PDF documents. Click here to download the tool for free
Install Adobe on your PC, then open the document and follow the steps described below:
- Go to the tools tab
- Look for the option fill & sign and click on it so that it automatically takes us back to the document
- Click on the sign tab
- Select the option add signature and draw your signature with the mouse, stylus pen or with your finger in case you are using a touch screen. You can also scan it and attach it as an image.
- Finally we place the signature on the document
Steps to electronically sign PDF documents with the Macbook Trackpad
There are other ways to electronically sign PDF documents without using Adobe and from our Macbook. We must follow the steps shown below:
- Locate the document and then right-click
- Open the document in Preview
- Click on the briefcase to show us the toolbar and select the signature icon
- Draw your rubric with the trackpad and press Enter.
- Click on Done and we will place the signature on the document
This signature complies with the requirements of a digitized signature, which is the one that is made with a mouse or trackpad or written on a piece of paper and then scanned and placed in the document.
This can be considered a simple electronic signature, as it does not gather enough evidence to uniquely identify the signatory. Viafirma does not recommend using it for important procedures since it is a less secure option that can be forged without prior consent.
Viafirma solutions for greater security
Legally speaking, a handwritten signature that has been scanned and attached as an image o drawn with the mouse and captured in a document cannot be compared to one that uses specific eSignature platforms like the ones offered by Viafirma.
Furthermore, our tool has a set of features to adapt to the requirements of our customers. Below are just a few of them:
- The option of signing JSON, Word or PDF documents.
- The incorporation of legal evidence (video, audio, image, etc.) to the document to strengthen the security of the document.
- The definition of complex signature workflows between signatories.
- The server-based signature without required user interaction by simply uploading any valid certificate to the platform.
- When sending documents for signature, the signer will not need to install any application, instead, he/she will sign directly on the web.
As mentioned above, our top priority is the legal validity and security of the whole process. That is why all signatory data will always be encrypted and can only be will only be revealed upon request of a judge.
It’s time to handle documents more efficiently