Table of contents
Are you wondering how to sign a PDF with digital signature? PDFs are replacing paper documents in most offices as they are more flexible, portable and harder to lose. Besides, after the pandemic there is a trend towards online contracts.
Whether if it’s a lease or an agreement here’s how to sign a PDF without the need to print or scan it and how Viafirma’s eSignature software can automate complex signing processes and helps strengthen the level of security of your operations.
Steps on how to sign a PDF with Adobe Acrobat DC
In some cases you might need to deal with digital documents and return them signed. With the right tools anyone is able to add their signature and re-use them whenever.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a tool for opening, editing and signing PDF documents, though they offer low levels of security.
So, in order to know how to sign a PDF with digital signature, just follow the steps below:
- Install Adobe and open the PDF document you wish to sign
- Click ”tools”
- Select ”Fill & Sign” to enable this feature
- Click on the ”sign” tab
- Select ”add signature” and draw your signature with the mouse, stylus pen or with your finger if you are using a touch screen or add it as an image. You can re-use your autograph whenever
- Finally, place the signature on the document
Sign a PDF with digital signature using your iPhone
You also have the option of signing documents using the built-in software on your iPhone:
- Open the PDF you wish to sign
- Select the mark-up icon similar to the tip of a pen
- Once the mark-up menu opens, select the + icon and select Signature
- Add or create a new signature and press done
Electronically sign a PDF with the Macbook trackpad
We continue answerinh to how to sign a PDF with digital signature. In this case, there are other ways to sign documents online. We will run you through the steps in order to save valuable time:
- Locate and open the document that needs to be signed and right-click to preview
- Click on the briefcase to open the toolbar and select the signature icon
- Draw your signature using your touchpad and press the Enter key
- Press ”Done” and add the signature to the document
All of the above procedures are considered digitized signatures. It can be drawn with the mouse, trackpad or on a piece of paper and then scanned and placed on the digital document.
It is also considered simple electronic signature by eIDAS Regulation (the strictest regulation in terms of electronic identification and trust services) as it does not gather enough legal evidence to uniquely identify the signatory. It shouldn’t be used when closing important agreements as they can be easily forged without prior consent.
Using digital certificates to sign a PDF
The safest way to sign with Adobe is using our personal or corporate digital certificate. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Search for the tools tab and click on Certificates
- Click on ”Digitally Sign” and you will automatically plot a box to position the digital certificate signature.
- Select certificate and press sign.
Unfortunately, very few citizens hold a certificate as there is not enough information on the benefits they can provide.
Viafirma offers eSignature software for businesses to approve, eSign and send PDF documents for signature to third parties. Users who do not have a certificate can eSign with full legal guarantees using any device
Safer ways to sign PDF documents
Viafirma provides easy-to-use, safe eSignature solutions to streamline business operations. Each of our software covers complex processes that are suitable for different business scenarios, while complying with the strictest regulations that will hold up in any court of law.
Below are a some ways to eSign documents:
- Biometric signature. The best replacement for the digitized signature. It is the traditional handwritten signature drawn on tablets or pads with a precision stylus capable of collecting a wealth of biometric data
- SMS OTP. Short code sent to the signer’s mobile device to be able to eSign wherever.
- Digital certificate signature. The user must hold a certificate issued by a Trust Service Provider which certifies the user’s identity.
- Cloud signature. Users may access their certificate stored on a cloud server (HSM) whenever.
Viafirma solutions to achieve greater security and efficiency
Scanned signatures, added as image or drawn with the mouse cannot be compared to those that were created using special electronic signature platforms like Viafirma.
Furthermore, our solutions are very flexible and they adapt to the requirements of our customers. Below are just a few of them:
- The option of signing PDF or Word documents.
- The incorporation of legal electronic evidence (video, audio, image, etc.) attached the document to strengthen the security of the document.
- Setting complex signature workflows between signatories.
- The server-based signature without required user interaction by simply uploading any valid certificate to the platform.
- Signers do not need to install any application when sending documents for signature, instead, they will validate them online.
As mentioned above, our top priority is to ensure the legal validity and security of the whole process. That is why all signatory data will always be encrypted and can only be revealed upon request of a judge.
Start Your Free 30-Day Trial
Automate your agreement process